Accidental Hedonist v9.1
This version of the Accidental Hedonist, the popular food blog, was mostly a new header. The absinthe lady returns in a transparency with a border fade near the bottom third of the picture. A new font with three-layer drop shadow was used for the name of the web site. Also, new, themed, colorized RSS buttons form a menu across the top.
AH retains the recently created static, four-column layout in whites, browns, and reds. The site is largely run by a modified b2evolution engine with advertisements from blogads, Google AdSense, and others.
Several spam prevention techniques are used. E-mail spam is blocked by using a secure mail form for web site members and also a clever trap set for bots that collect e-mail addresses. Referrer spam is turned away via b2evolution's built-in blacklist. Comment spam is filtered by both b2evolution's built-in blacklist and a turing test plugin.
Other features include:
- polls (Democracy plugin)
- written works status bar (custom code)
- 1-click RSS subscriptions (to web-based services such as bloglines)
- user food journals (b2evolution, autoblog plugin, and custom code)
- list of most recent user food journal posts (custom code)
- simple print pages (custom code)